There is always a word on the street — always people giving their opinion on what product is good and what you need for every season of your life. I really appreciate recommendations and reviews because it helps me make a decision. Well, the word on my street is that the following is my personal running list of must haves for pregnancy and post-birth. I relied or am currently relying heavily upon all of them:
- red raspberry tea or Mama’s Red Raspberry Brew – I purchased my organic tea in bulk from Bulk Herb Store — it’s something both Greg and I enjoy drinking before bedtime — here are the benefits of red raspberry tea
- calcium pills
- DHA pills
- wheat germ
- evening primrose oil
- belly salve – I use Mama Bee Belly Butter
- rice sock – handmade in my Bradley Method Class
- yogurt – Greek yogurt especially is high in protein
- Mama’s Milk Tea – if you plan on breastfeeding, this is a tea that helps in the production of milk — purchased in bulk from Bulk Herb Store
- oatmeal – oatmeal also helps in the production of milk
- cloth breast pads – as a nursing mom, I went through so many disposable pads, that I ended up investing in cloth pads or you can make your own
- Medela nursing stool – this is one of those items that worked out so well for me! it was sooo very helpful with nursing a baby!
- Boppy nursing pillow – this time around I made sure to have 2 — one for home, and one for the car
- breast pump
- Maternity nursing bra – unlined, cotton, soft, so easy
for a comfortable baby:
- pacifier – I know some moms have a problem with pacifiers, but this was so helpful at calming baby and putting her to sleep — after 4-5 months she weaned herself off it
- warm mist humidifier – great for fall + winter months when babies’ noses get too dry
- Aden + Anais OR Luna Lullaby Blankets – these are GREAT swaddle blankets; now that I’ve been using these, the typical sized receiving blankets seem worthless to me — for some reason I’ve noticed the Target brand of Aden + Anais are made of a better quality than the regular Aden + Anais blankets
- kimono onsies + tops – love my kimono onsies from Kate Quinn Organics and Nature Baby
- changing table – as a recommendation from my cousin, I got my Pottery Barn changing table off Craigslist — I LOVE it! It’s been my most used and loved baby must-have
- changing pad covers – along with a changing table, I LOVE my quilted covers from Land of Nod — I would never go back to any other cover!
- a soft, smooth diaper rash ointment – cooling – Burt’s Bees Diaper Ointment
- pre-bath oil – Burt’s Bees Apricot Oil or jojoba oil
- baby sling and/or baby carrier – we love the Ergo carrier
What is something that you recommend as a must-have for pregnant women, new mommies, or baby? I would love to hear!
About the author susiemey
not sure if you know this, but EPO has recently been shown to lead to PROM and other birth issues when used prenatally. i only know cuz my midwife used to recommend and then recently stopped after sharing the article. let me see if i can find you the study.
oh yes, please share! i used it my last week of pregnancy with dhara..
Poochy, you’ve got everything you need!! Lotsa love and time, so rest up, take walks, and cuddle Dhara every chance you get. SO so excited for ya, and I have always like the Earth Mama Angel Baby products for all sorts of things – for mama and baby!!